Discord, gamers’ most beloved app, turned 6 in May 2021. And the developers celebrated Discord’s birthday in an exceptional way. The popular social media app for gamers and nerds like us received a major cosmetic change and a little bit of design overhaul.
The new changes include a new simpler logo and some additional colors to the theme. And we must say, we are pretty much liking the new look. But, we were expecting some interesting themes too. Discord sports a basic Dark and Light theme, but one can always try new themes in Discord, like the Transparent Theme, which looks really cool and refreshing.
Well, Discord may not support theme customization, but there are tons of interesting and useful features that anyone can use for free. For example, discord allows any user to create a community on the platform using Discord servers. Servers are nothing but the Discord version of FB Group. But, there is a lot that Discord server owners cannot do using FB groups.
Discord serves as a platform to create a community and several tools and features to manage it. For example, you can use special channels like Welcome Channel, where you can greet your new users. You also get the help of Discord bots with cute names, which can be used to better manage the server.
Discord has special emojis, which lets server owners interact and create interest among their community. Today, we will be talking more about it. You will get to learn how to use them. So let’s dive right into it.
Discord Emoji: Why are they special?
We are living in 2021, where, according to Google, more than 3 billion smartphones are live and running Android OS. Almost everyone owns a smartphone these days, and almost everyone knows about emojis and uses to express their thoughts and feeling.
Well, Discord has emojis, too, like any other social media app. But, Discord is cool, you know, and there are different types of emojis too. And here we will be talking about them and how they are special.
So, Discord has got a general set of emojis that you can find in any app, the smiley one, thumbs up, google eyes, and much more. But, Discord allows the server owners to upload their own emojis too. Well, these special emojis are nothing but cropped-out images, resized small enough to match the size of an emoji.
But, things can be very interesting when innovation kicks in. And Discord allowed its users to do that. Users showed their interest and innovation to create some really cool, funny emojis on their servers. And on top of it, other users who have joined the server get to use those emojis too.
Well, emojis in Discord is one of our favorite things. After all, who doesn’t love custom emojis? And if you are one of those interested in using them, you are at the very right place. Here, we will be discussing how one uses animated emojis on Discord without Nitro.
How to use animated emojis on Discord without Nitro using PC –
Let’s start with the first part of our guide, where you will learn to use emoji in Discord without Nitro using a PC. Well, you can use any PC; it can be either Windows or Mac-based device. Also, check out the 2nd part of the guide to perform the same method on a mobile device.
- STEP 1 – First of all, you need to open the Discord on your PC. As mentioned above, you can open it in either Windows or Mac. Also, it is up to you if you want to use the official Discord app, or you can continue with Discord on your web browser.
- STEP 2 – Open Discord on your device. You need to enter a server named Ping and Salars. Simply copy the Discord link – https://discord.gg/caC77Xr and join the server.
- STEP 3 – Here it is. Here’s the Ping & Salars Discord server. You need to enter the channel named #mixer-emotes; scroll down and find it under the emotes category.
- STEP 4 – In the mixer-emotes channel, you will see several Discord servers. Here, you will also see a group of emotes, a lot of them. Search for your favorite one. And join the server link mentioned below, or simply click on the Join button next to the server’s name.
- STEP 5 – Here, as you can see, we have joined a server nameD – Archonaut Crew. As we found the emoji here cute <3. Also, to use these emojis, you will have to use the name of the emojis. At least for the very first time. Simply click on the hyperlink – Click Here to View Emote Names.
- STEP 6 – The link will open up a new document. In the document, you will find the links to all the emojis. You can easily use the emoji using the emoji-IDs.
- STEP 7 – If you have been using Discord for a long, you may already know how to use the link mentioned in the doc. But, do not worry, if you are not aware, we have got you covered, as you will see the document attached to the link. In addition, you will see a text inside the two semi-colons (:). You just need to type the same emoji ID, semi-colon included, and hit the enter key. Or simply copy-paste the entire code from the doc.
- STEP 8 – As you can see in the screenshot below, the text you entered with the semi-colon will be converted into an image right after you send the message.
- STEP 9 – So, what if you want to use an emoji that another Discord user is using. Well, in that case, you need to identify the emoji ID. To identify the emoji ID, simply take your mouse cursor over the emoji, and you will see a text included in the semi-colons. This is your emoji ID.
- STEP 10 – Again, go to the same server – Ping and Salars and search for the #bots channel. In the Bot channel, you have to type a keyword ‘-search emoji id.‘ In this case, we wrote ‘-search :l8r:’ and sent the message.
- STEP 11 – After doing this, the very fantastic EmoteBot will search the source server and provide you the invite link for the same. You can easily use the link to join the server. And right after you join the server, you will be able to use the emoji anywhere in Discord.
And you are done. These were the steps to use animated emojis on Discord without Nitro for free. Well, the steps are easy, and you can easily do it. But, if you face any kind of issues, you can let us know. We would be happy to help you out.
Also, these were the steps to get emoji in Discord without Nitro using PC. In our second part of this elaborated guide, we have mentioned the steps to do perform the same method using a mobile device. So make sure to check it out if you are looking for the same.
How to use animated emojis on Discord without Nitro using Mobile –
Coming to the second part of the guide, we will be using a mobile device to perform the same method. You can use any smartphone as long as you have the latest version of the Discord app. The steps mentioned here will be the same for Android as well as iOS-based mobile devices.
- STEP 1 – Here, we will mention steps to get emoji in Discord using a mobile. You can use any smartphone; just make sure that the device runs the latest version of the Discord app. Update the Discord app if needed.
- STEP 2 – Now, you are supposed to join a server. Firstly, open the Discord app on your mobile. Then, add the icon to add more servers. And tap on the button named Join a friend on Discord.
- STEP 3 – Right after this, you will add an invite link here. In the given space, simply copy-paste this link – https://discord.gg/caC77Xr and click the Join button to continue.
- STEP 4 – By doing that, you will find yourself joined in the server called Ping and Salar’s. Here, you need to search for the #mixer-emotes channel and join in.
- STEP 5 – In the #mixer-emotes channel, you will find a lot of servers that have to offer different types of emotes. Here, you need to search for the set of emojis that you want to use on Discord. We will suggest you find a single set first.
- STEP 6 – After searching through the list of all the available emojis set. Next is to join the server. Again, start with a single one; it will help you out to keep a record and understand this guide.
- STEP 7 – So, after joining a server, you will see a link attached to Click here to view Emotes Names. As it suggests, here you will be finding names, and emoji-IDs of all the emotes, using which you can send emojis to any chat.
- STEP 8 – Well, the link will have all the emoji codes or emoji IDs. Well, if you are new, let us tell you that the emoji-ID is the text you can see between the two semi-colons (:).
- STEP 9 – So, how you send an emoji using emoji-ID? It’s simple type the emoji-ID (with the semi-colons included) and hit the send button. You can also copy-paste the entire emoji-ID mentioned in the document to send emojis.
- STEP 10 – As you can see in the screenshot mentioned below. The emoji-ID will turn itself into an emoji. And using the same way, you can send any emoji to any chat. You just need to join the server carrying the emoji.
- STEP 11 – What if you find a new emoji that is not available in the servers you joined recently. Well, in this case, you can find the server that has that particular emoji. To do that, first of all, you need to check out the emoji-ID. Here, you will see a face with trauma emoji. Let’s find out its emoji-ID.
- STEP 12 – To find out the emoji-ID, simply tap and long-press on the emoji you like. And then click on Copy Text.
- STEP 13 – Now, you will have to join the #bot channel on the same server, Ping and Salar’s.
- STEP 14 – In the Bots channel, you need to type a phrase. After which, the bot will search for the server that has got the emoji that you are looking for. You just need to type ‘-search emoji-name.‘ As you can see in the screenshot below, we have tried to search for an emoji. You can either use the emoji-name or emoji-code.
- STEP 15 – After typing the correct code, hit the send button. The bot will search the files and bring you the invite link for the server that has that particular emoji. Simply click on the invite link to join the server. And to use the emoji, you will have to enter the same emoji code (with semi-colon included).
And that’s all about how to use animated emojis on Discord without Nitro. And that too without Nitro. You need not have to pay for Nitro to get new emojis in Discord. Using the guide mentioned above, you will own and use any emoji on Discord without any issues.
The steps mentioned are straightforward, but if you still face any kind of issues, make sure to let us know in the comments section below.
The guide mentioned second part of this guide included steps to get emoji in Discord using a mobile device. And in case you are looking for the same guide steps on a PC, then do consider the first part of our guide, which includes the steps for PC.
How to get Animated emoji in Discord –
Well, in the guide we talked about above, we mentioned how to use animated emojis on Discord without Nitro. But, you might have seen some users using animated emojis. These are advanced levels of emojis, they can be bigger in size, and they can move too, something like GIFs emoji. Sounds interesting, right?
Wouldn’t it be cool if you use them while chatting with your friends on Discord? You will be able to flex like never before. But, there is a catch. You can’t get animated emoji in Discord for free. You can only get them if you own a Nitro subscription. Proceed if you wish to know how to get animated emoji in Discord using Nitro.
What is Discord Nitro –
Well, we won’t be going into many details. Let’s just quickly understand what exactly Nitro is. So, Discord launched a subscription service called Discord Nitro. It is paid; of course, you need to pay a little amount of $4.99 for a month’s subscription.
Well, the paid service comes with a lot of exclusive features that regular Discord users can’t even try. One of the features is animated emojis. Nitro users get a ton of animated emojis on top of regular emojis in Discord.
How to use animated emoji in Discord with Nitro
Well, you need to buy the paid Nitro service to be able to use the animated emojis on Discord. And it is effortless to use them.
- Open any chatbox.
- It would be best if you used the shortcode symbol, that is, semi-colon (:) to start sending animated emojis.
- With the semi-colon, add the name of the emoji. Example – ‘:smile’
- By adding shortcodes, you will be able to see all the available animated emojis. Select any one of them.
- You can also use the emoji icon to use animated emojis. This icon can be seen on the right side of the chatbox.
- Animated can be found in the dedicated section in the emoji window.
And that’s it. You are in a great desire to use the animated emoji; you can go for the paid Nitro subscription. Otherwise, you can enjoy the regular emojis anyways.
Now, by using our in-depth guide for how to use animated emojis on Discord without Nitro, you will be able to use any popular and interesting emojis available on Discord. So, you need not worry if someone flexes about an emoji in Discord. You now have the power to own it.
You just need to join a server, and all the emojis will be yours. But make sure only to join servers that offer some exciting emojis. And try not to overdo things. If you keep on joining random servers, it will become a great mess for you in no time. As you won’t be able to use each and every emoji, it’s hard to remember all.
So, to keep things simple and your feed mess-free, join selected servers only. And try sorting out the servers that are no longer needed.
And let’s just wrap things up here. You should go and try out new emojis right away. And do not forget to share this article with your friends.
Check out our Discord guides :
- How to make Discord Transparent (Discord Theme)
- How to disconnect Facebook on Discord
- Discord Tag: What is it & How to create Tags on Discord
- Discord whoops unable to accept invite: 4 Reasons Why it’s Happening
- Discord Quote: How to Quote someone on Discord (3 Ways)
Ankit Kumar is an Engineer by profession and a blogger by passion. Over the last several years, he has written tons of articles, solving queries on Quora. He also has years of experience in investing in Cryptocurrencies, Funds, and Stocks.