Are you a new Varo user?
Do you want to know about the procedure to add money to Varo card?
Do you want to know about the location where the Varo card can be loaded?
Well, if you have been finding answers, let us assure you, this is the right web page to see all the answers.
Here, we will be discussing all the methods to load Varo card along with details for card loading locations.
How to load Varo card
Talking specifically about the Varo debit card, or Varo card, it is one of the offerings by the financial tech company. The card can be used to pay online or offline merchants as well as for ATM withdrawals.
Well, a lot of users also ask about the procedure to load the Varo card. If you have the same query, let us tell you that you do not have to load the Varo card separately. If you have funds in your Varo account, you can access the funds from your Varo card.
Here, we are going to include all such methods which can be used to add money to the Varo card.
1. With MoneyPak
MoneyPak is the easiest way to load Varo card. But, the method is not free of cost. You will be asked for a small fee to add money to your Varo card.
The procedure is quite simple. You just need to buy a MoneyPak. And before you ask, MoneyPak is easily available at Green Dot. Finally, deposit the required cash in the Varo account. And that’s it.
Here you can find a quick guide on how to load Varo card with MoneyPak –
1. Buy MoneyPak of the required amount at supporting Green Dot location. All Green Dot stores across the USA supports cash deposits to the Varo account. But, still, some stores do not offer the services.
2. Log in to your MoneyPak account. If you do not have an account, you can create one by visiting Moneypak.com. Your account must be logged in while you try to load the Varo card at a Green Dot location.
3. Now, you will be asked to enter the card number of your Varo debit card. Enter the correct number and other asked details.
And that’s pretty much it.
The same amount on MoneyPak will be transferred to your Varo account. But, you must be aware of the fact that the Green Dot also charges a small fee for reloading the Varo card.
A small fee, $5.95 to be exact, will be deducted from each transaction. You can choose to add any amount between $20–$500 for a single transaction.
ALSO READ: How to cancel Varo account
2. Cash Deposit at partner stores
Varo has partnered with all major retail stores like Walmart, 7 Eleven and more to offer card load services. You can visit any supporting stores across the USA and get your Varo card recharged.
Here, we will include a quick guide and additional details for the same procedure.
1. Locate the partner store near you. You can use Google Maps or any other app like Apple Maps and search for the partner store near you. To get the list of all the supporting stores, make sure to check the next part of this guide.
2. Visit the store near you. You will have to be physically present at the store location. And make sure you have your active Varo card with you. It is required you have your card with you.
3. Visit the store cashier and ask them to load your Varo card. As mentioned above, all partner stores offer the services to load Varo card. You do not worry about if a partner store at your location offers the service or not.
4. Deposit the amount. And finally, the cashier will ask you the amount you want to deposit. Handover the cash you want to load on your Varo card.
One more thing you must know is that the service for loading money is not free of cost. You can be charged up to $4.95 at different partner stores.
3. Direct Deposits
Suppose you receive direct deposits from your employer on your payday. You can choose to receive the direct deposit in your Varo account.
Simply ask your employer about the change in the receiving account and submit your Varo account details.
In this way, your Varo account gets funded, and you can access the funds using your Varo card as well. So, we can say direct deposits can be used to load Varo card.
READ NOW: Does Varo bank have Zelle?
4. Check Deposits
As we just mentioned in the previous post, you just need to load your Varo account in order to load your Varo card. There is no special procedure required to add money to the Varo card.
You can go for the mobile check deposits other than receiving direct deposits. You can deposit check using the Varo mobile app. And the funds will be added to your Varo bank account, which can be used by the Varo card as well.
5. Money transfer from other account
Adding money to the Varo account, get the work done if you want to load your Varo card. Well, one more way to add money to the Varo account is by transferring the amount from another bank account.
You can either ask your friend or use your secondary bank account to make the transaction.
And that’s pretty much it, ladies and gentlemen.
We have discussed all the ways to load Varo card.
Where to load Varo card
As we mentioned in the first part of this guide, Varo has partnered with a number of retail stores in the USA to provide services to load Varo card. In the stores, users can deposit the physical cash and get the same worth of credit on their Varo debit card.
Other than Green Dot’s MoneyPak, there are other stores that offer the services to load Varo card. But, none of the stores offers the services for free. You can get charges up to $4.95. There are different fees for different stores at a different locations. But, no one is going to ask for more than $4.95.
Here, you can check the list of all retail stores that offer Varo loading service –
- Rite Aid
- Dollar General
- Family Dollar
How much time does it take to load money in Varo card
If you go online ways to add money to your Varo account, the transfer might take more than two days in almost all cases.
The offline method of loading is not super instant as well, but it’s much faster as compared to ACH transfers.
It takes up to 10 minutes to load Varo card at stores. You just need to ask the cashier to add the amount to your card and wait for around ten minutes before you can access that fund.
1. Where can I load my Varo card for free?
You can load Varo card at many location, at many retail stores across the USA. But, there is no way you can load Varo card for free. All the partner stores across the USA ask for a small fee of up to $4.95. The exact fee differs for different stores and locations.
Let us now conclude this post right here.
We have made sure to include all the details you must know to load Varo card in easy steps.
We have also provided a list of partner retail stores in the same post for new Varo users.
If you have any queries or want to know more about the procedure, you can let us know in the comments section.
Ankit Kumar is an Engineer by profession and a blogger by passion. Over the last several years, he has written tons of articles, solving queries on Quora. He also has years of experience in investing in Cryptocurrencies, Funds, and Stocks.