Watching Reels is not more than a task for a user. Your eyes are engaged in watching the content on Reels. Whereas, thumb keeps scrolling the screen to watch more and more content. The struggle never ends.
But, sometimes, you might have skipped a Reel by mistake and wish that it appear on your feed again. Does that happen to you?
Well, some popular video streaming apps like Youtube have got an option where a user can check out the watch history. Using that you can always watch the video that you recently came across.
Unfortunately, Instagram doesn’t have this kind of feature. So, if you skipped a Reel by mistake, it will be gone forever.
But, as always, we are here to help you out with this.
How to find a Reel you watched on Instagram
Short Answer: To find a Reel you watched on Instagram check the saved posts and the liked section. You can also check history by requesting account report.
Facebook-owned photo-sharing app introduced a new feature, called Reels last year. It’s nothing but Instagram’s short video platform, similar format to Tiktok. And the introduction has given the creators of Instagram a new opportunity of getting more attention from the users.
Well, Reels are interesting. You might have found yourself watching interesting Reels many times. And sometimes, you might have seen some interesting Reels that you wish to see again. But, as you know, the feed gets refreshed every single time you exit the Reels tab.
What to do in that case? Can you see your Instagram Reel watch history? The same feature that Youtube introduced years ago. Well, Instagram doesn’t have any such feature. But, there are some ways by which you can see Instagram Reel watch history.
And here, we will be talking about the same features here.
Check out our guide below.
MUST-READ: How to disable Youtube Shorts in Youtube app
(3 Ways) How to see Instagram Reels Watch History
Well, you can easily see Instagram Reels watch history to rewatch and re-enjoy the content. But, sometimes, we do not remember the exact account name that uploaded that Reel. Here, we will be mentioning a total of three different ways to check Instagram Reels Watch History to help you out.
The first method is comparatively a bigger one, but it guarantees you the details of Reels watch history. Whereas, in the second and third methods, we will be talking about the ways you can access the details of Reels from the Saved & Liked folder.
So, what are you waiting for? Access the watch history using our step-by-step guide.
#1 Instagram Reels History by ‘Requesting Account Report’ –
The very first method is ‘Requesting Account Report.’ Here, we will be taking the help of the Instagram Support team to get details of our account. The report contains each and every detail of the account, like the backup of all the posts, saved stories, saved posts, and almost everything else.
The report also consists of details of the Reels you have watched on any device, using your Instagram account. And after getting the report, you will be able to get the links to all the Reels videos. Sounds good right?
Now that you know what we will be doing here, it’s time to dive right into the guide.
- STEP 1 – First of all, open Instagram on your PC. You can open Instagram.com on your web browser if you do not have the desktop app. The procedure will be almost similar.
- STEP 2 – Now go to the profile options. To do this, click on your profile picture icon situated at the top right corner.
- STEP 3 – You will see all profile options here. You need to select the Settings option to continue.
- STEP 4 – You will see several options on the left side of the window. Here, you need to scroll down and select the Privacy and Security option.
- STEP 5 – In the Privacy and Security section, you will see several options to select from. Scroll down a bit to find the Data Download section. Under the same title, you will see a Request Download option. Click on the hyperlink to continue.
- STEP 6 – Here, first of all, you will have to enter an email id. You can enter any email id that you can access. It doesn’t have to be the same id that you used to create your Instagram account. You will get an email from Instagram with some details required to continue the procedure. Also, click on the Next button to continue.
- STEP 7 – After that, you need to enter the password. Remember, the password that you are supposed to enter here will be your Instagram account’s password, not your email account’s password. Click on Request Download when done.
- STEP 8 – You will get a confirmation after this. According to Instagram, the account file generation can take some time. But, we received ours right after we hit the Request Download button. Keep an eye on your inbox.
- STEP 9 – Wait for Instagram’s official mail. Things may get delayed sometimes. After receiving the mail, open it and click on the Download Information button. Also, this procedure can be done on either a mobile or a pc. The steps are the same.
- STEP 10 – You will be asked to enter your Instagram login details right after pressing the download button. Enter the details and click on the Log-in button to continue.
- STEP 11 – You will be redirected to a new page. There you can read the related details and hit the Download Information button once again.
- STEP 12 – Now that you have downloaded the file. You have to open it. If you are using a mobile device, you should look out for it in the File Manager> Downloads> file. Here, the.uni.bots is our Instagram account username. Check out for yours.
- STEP 13 – Tap on the file, this will automatically unzip it. And you will see some more folders. Among all of them, you need to scroll down and search for the folder named Content. Tap on the folder to open it.
- STEP 14 – And finally, in the Content folder, you just need to find a file names reels.html. Click on it to open.
- STEP 15 – This will open the HTML file in your web browser and you will be able to see some links to videos. These are nothing but links to all Reels that you watched recently. However, you can only watch the Reels on your browser only.
And that’s it. That’s how you can see Instagram Reels watch history easily. Well, this procedure may take a little more time. But, we are pretty sure you can easily check out your watch history using this procedure.
You just need to follow these 15 easy steps. We have tried our best to keep everything simple. But, in case, you need any kind of assistance, do let us know in the comments section below.
Also, if you remember, you have hit either the Like button or Saved it. You should try out the 2nd & 3rd part of our guide.
#2 Instagram Reels History in Saved Posts –
In the second method, we will discuss how you can see Instagram Reels History by accessing the Saved Posts on Instagram.
Instagram lets users save any posts, reels, photos so that they can be seen later anytime. You can check out all of the Reels that you have saved here.
Below, in our guide, we have mentioned how to access Saved posts.
- STEP 1 – Firstly, open your Instagram app on your mobile. You can perform the procedure either on an Android or iOS mobile.
- STEP 2 – Open the app and click on your profile icon and tap on the hamburger icon at the top right to open more options. You can simply swipe from the right side of the screen to open more options.
- STEP 3 – In more options, simply select the Saved icon. Check out the screenshot below for more information.
- STEP 4 – Here, you will see a group of posts. Tap on it to continue.
- STEP 5 – In the same group, you will find all the posts as well as Reels. Simply click on any of the above to start watching
If you have never used this feature on your device, here, you can quickly learn how to save Reels on Instagram.
- Keep the Reel open on your screen that you want to save.
- Click on the three-dot icon on the right side of the screen for more options.
- And at last, from all of the options, simply select the Save option.
#3 Instagram Reels History in Liked Posts –
In the last method, we will be discussing, how one can see Instagram Reels History just by accessing the Liked post folder.
Well, this is a lesser-known feature, as the option sits deep inside the Instagram settings. And in case, you have tapped the Like button on the Reel, you get the option to watch it again, just by accessing the Liked Posts folder.
Below, in our guide, we have mentioned how to access Liked posts.
- STEP 1 – Open your Instagram app on your mobile. You can use any device, Android or iOS based, the procedure will be the same.
- STEP 2 – Open Instagram and click on your profile icon. On the profile page, tap on the hamburger icon at the top right to open the options list. You can simply swipe from the right side of the screen to open options.
- STEP 3 – Now, click on the Settings option. You will find the gear icon at the bottom of the screen.
- STEP 4 – Now, on the Settings page, find the Account option and select it.
- STEP 5 – On the Accounts page, scroll down and find Post You’ve Liked option. Select it to continue.
- STEP 6 – Right after that, you will see a group of all posts, reels, that you have liked on Instagram. You can check out the Reels from the group as well. Identity Reels using the Reels icon on the top right side of the thumbnail.
And you are done. You will have the watch history of Instagram Reels that you have either saved or liked.
Well, if you have neither Saved nor Liked the Reel and you still want to know the watch history, you can check out the first part of our guide. There you will get to know your Instagram Reels Watch History in just 15 easy steps.
Well, Instagram does sport a lot of features. But, there is no official way by which one can access the watch history of Instagram Reels. You will have to rely on your luck and wish that the Reel comes again on your feed.
But, still, that’s not a problem as here in this guide we have discussed 3 methods by which you can see Instagram Reels watch history.
In the very first guide, you learned, how to get the exact details of the Reels you watched recently on Instagram. The guide has a total of 15 steps, but all of them are easy can be done even by a non-techie user too.
At last, we mentioned how you can check Instagram Reels watch history by accessing the Liked and Saved posts. But, as you may already know, this will only work if you have saved or liked that Reel.
Anyways, you have 3 methods, use any of the above to get the watch history.
Ankit Kumar is an Engineer by profession and a blogger by passion. Over the last several years, he has written tons of articles, solving queries on Quora. He also has years of experience in investing in Cryptocurrencies, Funds, and Stocks.