Are you a Webull user?
Are you having issues in making online transactions from bank to Webull?
Well, fret not, if you are facing these issues with the Webull app, as here we will be mentioning the ways to fix Webull ‘Failed to Get Bank Account’ issue in 7 Easy Methods.
So, let us get started now.
What does ‘Failed to Get Bank Account’ mean in Webull?
Webull is one of the most popular apps, used majorly to buy and sell stocks and more in the USA. You just need to create an account and link your bank account, and you will be able to buy & sell stocks, crypto, and whatnot.
The app is reliable, safe to use, and comes with a ton of features that helps the user to understand the performance of their stocks better.
Talking about the issue and errors, like any other app, which uses a complex system for money transactions, Webull sometimes creates problems in delivering the services as intended.
One of the errors which appear very frequently to Webull users is Webull ‘Failed to Get Bank Account.’ The error occurs when there is problem in making ACH deposits from your bank to Webull.
There could be many reasons for the occurrence of the issue. And not only Webull, but your bank might also be causing the issues. Well, we will be mentioning all the reasons below.
And last but not least, you will also learn how to fix ‘Failed to Get Bank Account’ in Webull.
REASONS for Webull ‘Failed to Get Bank Account’
Before we mention our extensive guide on how to fix Webull ‘Failed to get bank account’ issue, we will be mentioning the reasons for the occurrence of the issue in the app.
Well, the existence of issues with the online transaction of the amount is widespread. And talking about the ‘Failed to get bank account’ in Webull issue, it is a very common error that might appear to the Webull users.
But, you can quickly fix it. Check out the reasons for the appearance below. You might be able to understand the issue on your own and fix it.
In case you need any kind of assistance, you can follow the detailed step-by-step guide mentioned in 2nd part of this guide.
#1 ACH link has expired –
The first and the most common reason for the appearance of the Webull ‘Failed to get bank account’ issue could be the expiration of the ACH link.
This happens when you change the password, registered email id, or other bank account information on any other platform and do not update the details on the Webull app.
Check out the guide mentioned below to learn how to fix this issue.
#2 Invalid ABA code or Swift code –
The another reason for the issue could be the invalid ABA code or Swift code of your bank account.
This happens when you try to enter the details of a new bank account and enter the wrong information of your bank account.
If you can fix it, go for it. If you need any assistance in completing the procedure, you can follow our detailed guide.
#3 ACH Failed to Connect Bank Account –
Another prevalent issue that could lead to the appearance of the Webull ‘Failed to Get Bank Account’ issue is when Webull’s ACG fails to connect the bank account of a user.
Well, for the failure of the connection, Webull’s official support page blames the bank servers for causing connection issues. But, in reality, the connection issue might appear in both Webull and the banks. So, we can’t blame only banks for this issue.
#4 Failed Real-Time Verification
Another reason for the appearance of the Webull ‘Failed to Get Bank Account’ could be the failed Real-Time Verification.
To link a new bank account, one has to go through a real-time verification for quick manual verification of the bank account holder and the details mentioned.
But, failing the real-time verification could be the reason for the Webull error. You can check out the step-by-step guide mentioned below to fix this issue as well.
#5 Connection Issues –
Another issue that might be causing the Webull app to show the error could be the connection issues with your internet.
Internet issues wouldn’t let your bank and Webull app exchange data. Hence, the issue appears.
#6 Bank Service Outage –
Sometimes, the reason for all the errors appearing on your device could be only because of the service outage of the banks.
A lot of the time, users report bank services outage in different locations. And in case, your region is facing the same issue, you will counter the Webull ‘Failed to Get Bank Account’ issue again and again.
So, these were the 5 primary reasons for the Webull ‘Failed to Get Bank Account’ issue. There could be more reasons, but the good thing is, you will be able to fix every problem using our step-by-step guide.
We have mentioned that below. Follow and implement them to fix out the problem.
How to fix Webull ‘Failed to Get Bank Account’
In the first part of the guide, we told you the reasons for the appearance of the Webull ‘Failed to Get Bank Account’ issue.
And now that you understand the issue, we will be mentioning the methods to fix the issue. In 7 Methods, you will be able to resolve the issue without anyone’s help.
The steps mentioned below are straightforward to implement.
Without any further ado, let us dive right into the details.
METHOD 1: Link your bank again –
If you are continuously getting the same error. Then you must try to link your bank account again by entering the correct bank details.
You might have added an incorrect Swift code or Routing number. Link your bank account again and make sure to enter a valid swift code, routing number.
Follow the steps mentioned below to Link your Bank Account on Webull.
- STEP 1 – First of all, open the Webull app on your device. You can continue with a mobile device or PC.
- STEP 2 – Open the Webull app and select the Webull logo situated at the center of the display.
- STEP 3 – You will be redirected to the main dashboard now. Here, you need to select the ‘Deposit’ option.
- STEP 4 – Now, select the existing bank card on the page.
- STEP 5 – You will be redirected to a new page, where you can check out the list of all banks added. You just have to click on the plus (+) icon at the top right corner of the page.
- STEP 6 – After that, click on the ACH option if you are a US bank account holder. If not, click on the Wire option.
- STEP 7 – After that, apply for verification. Select Real-Time Verification to continue.
- STEP 8 – Enter all the asked details, and you will be good to go.
And by this way, you will fix Webull ‘Failed to Get Bank Account’ issue on your device. But, in case you are still getting the same error code, you can proceed with the next method mentioned right below.
METHOD 2: Retry Real-Time Verification
If you have failed the real-time verification, it will be tough for you to continue taking any action with Webull app, and you will counter the issue multiple times.
To fix the problem, we will suggest you relink the bank account and apply for the verification again.
Check out the guide mentioned below to fix the Webull ‘Failed to Get Bank Account’ issue by re-verifying the account.
- STEP 1 – First of all, open the Webull app on your device and select the Webull logo in the center of the screen.
- STEP 2 – You will find yourself at the primary dashboard now. Select ‘Deposit’ to continue.
- STEP 3 – This will show you the list of a linked bank account. But, you will have to add a new one. Click on the plus (+) to continue.
- STEP 4 – Now, click on the ‘ACH’ option if you happened to be a US bank holder; otherwise, select ‘Wire.‘
- STEP 5 – Then, to re-verify your account, click on ‘Real-time Verification.‘
- STEP 6 – After that, you will have to select your bank from the list of banks eligible for real-time verification. Click on ‘More Banks’ if you cannot find yours from the list.
- STEP 7 – Now, enter the asked details, like the online banking username and password.
The selection of the ACH option before you apply for the re-verification means you hold an account of a US bank. But, not all US banks support the real-time verification feature.
If you cannot see the name of your bank in the list of eligible banks, then it means your bank doesn’t support the feature, and you will have to go with the micro-deposit verification feature to verify your bank account.
METHOD 3: Relink via Micro-deposit Verification
If you are still stuck at the same issue, we will advise you to relink your new bank account using the Micro-deposit verification. Your real-time verification might have failed, or your bank is not eligible for the real-time verification.
Whatever be the case, you have to try the verification procedure using the Micro-deposit verification feature. And here, you will learn how to do that.
- STEP 1 – Open Webull app on your device and click on the Webull logo. The logo can be seen at the center of the display.
- STEP 2 – Now, on the primary dashboard. Select the ‘Deposit’ option to continue.
- STEP 3 – A list of your linked bank accounts will appear. To add a new one or to re-verify the existing one. Click on the plus (+) icon.
- STEP 4 – After that, select the ‘ACH’ option if you use a US-based bank account. If not, select the ‘Wire’ option.
- STEP 5 – And now, to reverify your account, click on ‘Micro-deposit verification’ instead of ‘Real-time Verification.‘
- STEP 6 – Now select your bank name or enter it if you cannot find it on the list.
- STEP 7 – Enter the asked details, like the online banking username and password.
And that’s it.
That is how you can verify your account if it is not a US-based bank.
After completing the verification procedure, you will use your Webull account again without any issues. And this will probably fix the error.
But, if you face any issues again, consider following the methods mentioned below.
METHOD 4: Link & Unlink the Account
The ‘Failed to Get Bank Account’ error should not have appeared if you had completed the verification procedure correctly and entered the correct details.
And if you are sure that you have not done anything wrong while linking a bank account and the issue is still appearing, we suggest you try the link & unlink method.
As the name suggests, you have to unlink the bank account first and link it again. And this will solve the Webull ‘Failed to Get Bank Account’ error which is probably appearing because of a glitch.
Follow the steps mentioned below to solve the issue and use Webull usually.
- STEP 1 – First of all, go to your Accounts settings page.
- STEP 2 – Select the ‘Account’ option and then select ‘My Bank Account,’ which would appear right after that.
- STEP 3 – In your bank account option, you will see the list of all bank accounts linked to that Webull account. You need to select the bank account you want to unlink from your Webull.
- STEP 4 – Select the bank account and click on the more option. It is the three-dot (…) icon on the top of the page. And there select ‘Unlink’ option to continue.
- STEP 5 – You will be asked for a confirmation. Check out the info given and select Confirm to unlink the selected bank account.
- STEP 6 – To link the bank account again. Go to the main dashboard and select the ‘Deposit’ option.
- STEP 7 – Now, click on an existing bank account card. You will be on a new page; simply click on the plus (+) icon at the top right corner of the page.
- STEP 8 – Now, select the ACH option if you are a US bank account holder. If not, click on the Wire option.
- STEP 9 – Apply for the verification now. Select Real-Time Verification if your bank is eligible otherwise, click on Micro-deposit verification.
- STEP 10 – And finally, enter all the required details and follow the instructions.
And that’s it.
This will definitely fix the ‘Failed to Get Bank Account’ error in Webull.
But, again, if you face any issues, you can continue with the method mentioned below.
METHOD 5: Clear Cache & Reinstall Webull app
If there is an issue with your app, you must try some basic troubleshooting to fix that. One common fix is to clear the app cache and reinstall the app from the official app store.
Note: Before you proceed, you must be aware that the saved details of the account and user will be cleared on clearing the app cache. You will have to enter the Webull account details again. So, make sure to have the details before proceeding.
To clear the app cache, follow the steps mentioned below.
Find the Webull icon, tap, and hold it. And select the App Info option.
After that, find and select the Cache & Storage option.
Finally, select the Clear Cache option to proceed.
Now, you just need to uninstall the Webull app and install a new one from the respective app store.
METHOD 6: Check for Service Availability –
If you have tried everything and still scratching your head, we would suggest you sit back and relax. The issue could be in the services provided by either your bank or Webull.
Most of the time, the online services of the bank would be facing an outage causing the ‘Failed to Get Bank Account’ to pop up. And there is nothing much you can do to fix it.
But, you can follow the website called Downdetector.com, which keeps track of all significant services status reports. So, simply open the website and search for the bank. The graph would show the number of outage reports by the users on a particular period.
If the bank services are online and working as intended. It would be best if you tried checking the service status of the Webull app too. You have to be sure.
METHOD 7: Call Bank Customer Care –
If you have tried everything and nothing has worked so far. We would suggest you to try calling the Customer Care Number of your bank. Or reach out to them using Twitter.
You can find the number on the official website. But, we will suggest you try contacting us on Twitter as well. The possibility of getting the response of the support team is higher on Twitter.
And that’s it. That was all about the methods to fix the Webull error.
In this very extensive guide, we first mentioned the reasons for the issue in Webull.
And then 7 methods to fix Webull ‘Failed to Get Bank Account’ issue that appears on the failed ACH deposits.
We are pretty sure that you will be able to fix the issue with the Webull using the methods mentioned above. You just need to implement each and every step very carefully.
Bohdan Reshetniak is an engineer by education and a blogger by profession. Over the last several years, he has written tons of different articles on Social media, technology, finance, and other apps. He also has several years of experience in investing in cryptocurrencies, funds, and stocks.