Don’t worry, since this article will show you exactly how to transfer funds from your Credit Karma Spending account to your Cash App account with no fuss.
Cash App lets you link a bank account or debit card as a form of payment in the mobile wallet. With a connected bank account or debit card, you may deposit funds into Cash App or withdraw money from your Cash App account.
Although Credit Karma is not a financial institution, it does provide banking services via a relationship with MVB Bank.
Table of Contents
How to transfer money from Credit Karma to Cash App
Cash App will recognize your Credit Karma Spending account just like any other checking or savings account. A Credit Karma account may be added to Cash App in the same way as the main bank account is, by entering the account’s routing number and account number.
Standard deposits to connected bank accounts are free of charge but may take anywhere from one to three business days to process.
You also have the option of adding your Credit Karma Visa Debit Card to the Cash App if you like. The Credit Karma card will operate similarly to a debit card issued by any major bank.
By linking your Credit Karma debit card, you’ll have quick access to your Credit Karma Spending account on Cash App; however, you’ll be subject to the Cash App instant transfer fees, which are variable between 0.5% and 1.75% of the transfer amount and have no upper limit.
- Step 1: Connect your Credit Karma account to Cash App
Connecting your Credit Karma and Cash App accounts is the first thing to do.
Should you wish to connect a Credit Karma account to a bank account, you will have to gather the necessary information, which includes the Credit Karma account number and the routing number. Here’s how to do so:
1. Sign in to the Credit Karma Spending account and go into the settings menu.
2. Locate your account number within the Account Info section of the Settings page. Click the Show button to see your account number. The routing number is located just beneath the account number.
3. It’s time to manually enter these account data into Cash App. In Cash App, choose the Profile tab. Choose Linked Accounts or Linked Banks as the next option.
4. Select Link Bank (Cash App only enables you to link one bank account at a time, so if you currently have a main bank account connected, click on it to delete it before adding your Credit Karma bank account.)
5. You may now use the search field to look for “cash app” or “other” rather than your bank. Selecting this option displays a selection with the text “Add Manually” in it. Simply click on it.
If you want to manually connect your bank account to Credit Karma, you may do so by entering your bank’s routing number and account number.
If you would rather connect your Credit Karma Visa debit card with Cash App, the following steps will walk you through that process:
1. In Cash App, choose the Profile tab. Choose Linked Accounts or Linked Banks as the next option.
2. Select Link Debit Card (Cash App only enables you to link one debit card at a time, so if you have already entered one, click on it to delete it before connecting your Credit Karma debit card)
3. You’ll need to provide your Credit Karma debit card information (number, CVV, expiration date, etc.) when requested.
Keep in mind that if you want to withdraw money, the only way to do so with a debit card is to make an instant transfer from your Cash App balance to your Credit Karma account.
- Step 2: Fund your Cash App with money from your Credit Karma Spending Account
1. Access the Main Menu of the Cash App. Select the first symbol on the left-hand sidebar (it will either be your Cash App $ balance or a bank icon).
2. Select the “Add Cash” option on the subsequent screen. Then, input the amount you wish to put in.
3. Select the “Add” button.
4. You may verify your identity using a Touch Id or a PIN.
5. Be sure to choose your Credit Karma card or account as the “From” Account.
1. How do I transfer money from Credit Karma to my Savings account?
Select either “Move Money” or “Make a Deposit” from the “Money” menu on the main screen. Then, select either “Deposit” or “Withdraw” afterward. Input the money you wish to send now.
Select the account you wish to initiate the transfer from and the destination account you wish to send the funds to, from the respective drop-down menus. This stage requires you to verify the Deposit or Withdraw amount.
Once you’ve reviewed the transaction information and are satisfied, press the Confirm button.
Sending or transferring funds to Cash App from inside Credit Karma is a breeze. You have the option of adding your Credit Karma Spending account to the Cash App, where it will function either as a bank account or a debit card, and then send money to the latter option.
Having earned a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce from Ravenshaw University, with a background in Accounting and Finance, Akshita Pattanayak contributes to UniTopTen by writing clear and concise articles based on Finance-Tech. With more than a hundred fin-tech related articles, she hopes to educate people about how banking and payment apps function.