Peer-to-peer payment applications help you connect your bank accounts, and credit or debit cards. And some even let you add your virtual and prepaid cards too. Instead of going to an ATM to withdraw or take cash around, you can link accounts to these applications. This innovation has made payments and life easier for people and businesses too.
So, if you are wondering whether you can link someone else’s bank account to your Cash App, you will get your answer here.
Can you link someone else’s bank account to your Cash App? (Workaround)
Short Answer: No, you cannot link someone else’s bank account to your Cash App account. Because the name of the bank account should match your legal name in Cash App. But the workaround is to create a Cash App account for the other person.
When you create a Cash App account you need to provide your name, mobile number, or email address to verify your account. After that, you have to create a profile which will include entering your legal name, public profile name, and a $Cashtag.
Your $Cashtag and profile name can be anything you want. But your legal name should match the name on your bank account you want to link.
Instead of adding someone else’s account, even though you trust them with your life, you can create a Cash App account for them. It really won’t take long.
- Step 1: Download Cash App on the other person’s device.
- Step 2: Ask them to enter their phone number or email address to create an account.
- Step 3: They will get a code to the number or mail they linked. Let them enter the code and the account will be verified.
- Step 4: Now, ask them to add their bank account to Cash App.
- Step 5: After that, they need to enter a username to make their transfers.
- Step 6: Then, they need to enter a zip code and the Cash App account is ready to use.
- Step 7: Finally, ask them to click on the $ sign on the home screen and enter the amount they want to send you.
- Step 8: Then they need to tap Pay and now you can enter your phone number or email or $Cashtag and select it.
- Step 9: At last, ask them to click on pay, and the transfer is done.
Can you link someone else’s debit card to your Cash App?
Short Answer: No, you cannot link someone else’s debit card to your Cash App account. Because the name on the debit card should match your legal name in Cash App. But as mentioned above the workaround is to create a Cash App account for the other person.
The answer to the previous question applies here too. If the name on the card and the legal name of your Cash App account do not match, it is considered fraud. Or suspicious to say the least.
So, instead of facing legal problems, the simple solution is to ask the other person to create an account. Then, they can send the money to you. Or you can send them too.
And after creating an account, instead of adding a bank account as mentioned above, they should add their debit card.
Cash App is a secure peer-to-peer payment application, that makes all of our lives easier. So, to keep your account and your transactions safe, it needs to verify your details. So, you cannot link another bank account or debit card that is not in your name.
So, that is all folks! I hope this article has helped you solve your little issue. You can refer to their help page for more information regarding adding payment methods.
(Reasons) ‘There Was An Error Depositing This Payment’ Cash App
Why Is Your Visa Debit Card Not Supported On Cash App
[8 Reasons] Cash App Payment Declined Due To Unusual Activity
[7 Reasons] Cash App Says Completed But Not In Bank
Sri Sahith is passionate and writes his articles by ensuring attention to detail. During his graduation study, he has taken elective subjects like Business Economics and Financial Analysis. These gave him the interest, knowledge and passion to write articles related to Finance-Tech. Also, he loves to read books and talk about them as long as possible.