Are you wondering why Instagram Music sticker not showing on your device? And why is it not available on your device?
Well, here we are ready to help you with our elaborated guide on how to fix Instagram Music stickers not showing issues.
We will be mentioning all the possible issues that might have appeared with all possible fixes. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s dive right into the details.
What is Instagram Music ‘sticker not showing’ issue?
Instagram has become a part of daily leisure for many. Well, Facebook, the parent company, announced last year that it has crossed 1 billion users in 2020.
Well, the popularity and the number of users on the photo-sharing app increased when the company brought the Reels feature in 2020. The concept is inspired by Tiktok’s, a popular Chinese short video app that got banned in 2020 by the Indian government.
Instagram keeps on pushing more features to the platform which lets users interact with family and friends in different interactive ways.
Instagram Music is one of the popular features of Instagram that grabbed a lot of attention. The feature lets you add songs to your story. The fantastic customizable option lets you choose a part of the song that can be added.
Well, sometimes, users report issues with Instagram music. According to them, Instagram Music stickers do not appear on their story.
There can be many reasons for this issue. We shall discuss them in this article. But, that doesn’t always mean that Instagram Music is broken in your device. It can be fixed. Try out the guide mentioned below to fix the issue right away.
How to Fix Instagram Music sticker not Showing
There could be many reasons why the Instagram Music sticker is not appearing on your device. Here, in this guide, we will not only mention the issues with Instagram, but you will find 5 possible fixes to it as well.
You are supposed to start with the first method. If it wborks, well and good, but if it’s not, then you have to proceed with the next method. And similarly, proceed with the next one till the issue with the Instagram Music gets fixed.
So, without any further ado, let’s start with the first one.
1. Try a Different Song –
Instagram Music was launched a coupled of years ago with the aim to keep its users engaged with the app more. The new Music feature also provided users a great way to express their feelings.
Whereas, the creators out there got a new tool for content creation and that too without any kind of restrictions or copyright infringement issues.
Well, the Instagram Music library is too big, you can easily find most of the interesting and popular music. We didn’t mention every song. As it would be an exaggeration, as it’s not possible for a feature, that came out around two years back, to keep a record of every song ever made. Especially the older songs.
And if you cannot see the Instagram Music sticker on your device. Then, the possibility is, the song you are searching for, is not available on Instagram.
Well, this might not come as a surprise, but it’s true. Instagram cannot keep a record of all the songs. If you are entering the name of the song which is not popular and is older, then the chances of the Instagram Music sticker not appearing in the app will be much higher.
Instagram will simply show the “No Results Found” error and the Instagram Music sticker won’t appear.
Check out the screenshot mentioned below. We have entered the name of the French song – “Je t’aime.” And as you can see, there are no search results for this song.
In cases like these, you should try entering the name of a different song. Maybe something popular.
In this way, you will be able to get the Instagram Music stickers without any issues.
2. Update/ Re-install Instagram app –
Well, if you have ensured that the name of the song entered is correct and the song is much popular to appear in the search results. And you are not able to use the Instagram Music app, then it’s time to proceed with this guide with the next step.
If the fix mentioned above is not working, then your Instagram app might have some issues. Here, you need to do the very basic troubleshooting.
- STEP A1 – Open the PlayStore app on your Android device. In the search bar, look out for Instagram. Tap on the Instagram app logo.
- STEP A2 – There, if you see an update button, you just need to select the Update button to install the latest Instagram patch update.
- STEP A3 – Now, open the Instagram app. And try adding Music to your story. It should work!
If updating the app doesn’t help fix the Instagram Music sticker not showing issue. Then we will suggest uninstalling the app and reinstall it.
- STEP B1 – Find the Instagram app icon on your smartphone.
- STEP B2 – Tap and long press on the Instagram app. You will see different options. You need to select Uninstall option.
- STEP B3 – Open PlayStore on your Android device (open App Store, if you are an iOS device user).
- STEP B4 – Search for the Instagram app and download the latest version.
This method to fix Instagram Music not showing was one of the basic ones but should have fixed the error.
Try it once. But, still, things do not work out, proceed with the next method to fix.
3. Use Instagram Lite (Android) –
The methods that have been mentioned above are very easy to implement. All of them are basic ones to implement and must have resolved the issue for Instagram Music stickers not showing.
But, if you are still encountering the same issue with the Music stickers then we will suggest you following this next step where we will be trying the app called Instagram Lite.
Instagram Lite is a trimmed-down version of Instagram that can be used in lower-end devices. But, a majority of users tend to use the main Instagram app only.
Well, there are many reasons. Instagram Lite also cuts down the number of features that are usually enjoyed by the Instagram app. So, between all, most Instagrammers choose to have all the fantastic features.
But, here, we will try using Instagram Lite to fix the issue of Instagram Music stickers not showing or appearing.
Follow the guide mentioned below to add Instagram music stickers using the Instagram Lite app.
- STEP 1 – The very first step is to download the Instagram Lite app on your device. iOS users should not proceed with this particular method. Instagram Lite is not available on the iOS platform. But, you can download it for free on Android. Download Now
- STEP 2 – Let the installation period complete. Now, look out for the Instagram Lite on your device and open it. Add your account details to log in.
- STEP 3 – After opening the app, you will have to select Allow to all the permissions that the app asks for. It’s needed for the app to work normally on your device.
- STEP 4 – Now, it’s time to try out the Instagram Music feature and add a Music sticker to your story. To do this, simply tap on the Your Story icon. It’s the small little blue plus icon on the top left of the page.
- STEP 5 – We will try adding a story here. Select any photo, post or anything, which you think needed to be shared. And finally, click on the Instagram Music icon. Well, in Instagram Lite, you will find a dedicated Instagram Music button at the top, besides the add photo icon. Check out the screenshot below for more info.
- STEP 6 – Now, select any song of your choice. Search the name and tap on it to select it.
- STEP 7 – Well, as mentioned above, Instagram Lite cuts down the features list too. And here, you won’t be able to select the part of the song to add to the story. Lite will add a part of its own. And you will see the Instagram Music sticker on your story.
And this is how you can get rid of the Instagram Music stickers ‘not appearing’ issue on your device.
Simply, use the Instagram Lite app, as your Instagram app is not working as intended.
Well, if you are facing the same issues while using the Instagram Lite app, then you must be proceeding to the next step.
4. Change Account Type Settings –
Till now, we have mentioned 3 different ways to fix Instagram Music stickers not appearing issue. The fixes mentioned at the very starting were common troubleshooting of the app.
And if you are still encountering the same issue after implementing all the fixes, then with this particular step you will surely get your way out of this situation.
You should now try changing the Account Type settings to get the issue fixed right away.
There is a possibility that you are using a Business account on Instagram. As Facebook-owned photo-sharing app doesn’t allow the users who have their Business accounts active, to use the Instagram Music story.
This is Instagram’s way to stop businesses to use the Instagram Music feature for any type of commercial use.
Well, we will be helping you, if you are just an individual, who might have turned on your Account type by mistake.
Simply, follow the steps mentioned below to get things fixed.
- STEP 1 – Start by opening the Instagram app. Reach to your profile page section. Here, simply select the more options – hamburger icon. The one with the three small horizontal lines. On opening the more options page, you will see a Settings button, at the bottom of the screen.
- STEP 2 – On the Settings page, search and select the Account option.
- STEP 3 – In Accounts page. Search and select the Switch Account Type option. Tap to select the option to continue.
- STEP 4 – Here, on selecting the Switch Account Type option. You will see two options. Well, if you are running a Business account (by mistake, yes), then you should switch back to Personal Account.
You can also select the Switch to Creators Account option as well if you are a content creator. You will be able to use the Instagram Music feature, but your profile won’t remain private.
This was the last thing you could do. If the same issue persists, then probably Instagram Music is not available for your region.
But, we have got you covered. Find a cookie below 🙂
5. Use VPN Connection –
If step number 4 didn’t help you in fixing the issue. Then chances are that the popular feature has not arrived in your region till now.
Well, Instagram has rolled out the feature to almost every eligible region till now. Anyways, we will use a VPN connection to use the Instagram Music feature on your device.
This will create a proxy IP address for your device in another region. Basically, a proxy identity of your device on servers of another region.
Follow the steps mentioned to set up your VPN connection and get rid of the error.
STEP 0 – Uninstall the Instagram app from your device, before you proceed with the next step.
STEP 1 – Start with downloading a VPN app on your device. You can easily find a free VPN app on the app stores. We suggest using the Turbo VPN app.
STEP 2 – Now, open the Turbo VPN app. Go to the more server connection options.
- STEP 3 – Now, select a country to create a VPN connection with. you can select any country where the Instagram Music feature is available. We will suggest selecting the UK or the USA servers to set up a VPN connection with.
- STEP 4 – After creating a VPN connection, install the Instagram app on your device.
Well, with this you will be able to use the Instagram Music stickers, even if it is not available in your region.
Well, this is the end of all of the steps that were needed to fix Instagram Music sticker issue. The steps mentioned in each method are easy, you just need to implement them carefully.
The reason that the issue has appeared could be the unavailability of the Instagram Music feature in your region. We have mentioned other possible issues in the article as well.
If you are someone countering these issues, you just have to follow each step to get the issue fixed.
Ankit Kumar is an Engineer by profession and a blogger by passion. Over the last several years, he has written tons of articles, solving queries on Quora. He also has years of experience in investing in Cryptocurrencies, Funds, and Stocks.