These days people are more inclined to buy things and pay for them later. It is known as a Buy Now Pay Later service. This way they have the product or service at that moment itself. While they pay it off in installments at a convenient later date.
So, there are different ways to pay the installments back. Using your debit card, bank account, or another payment application. If you are wondering what Buy Now Pay Later services accept Cash App, you are in the right place. Click here to find out.
Table of Contents
Do Buy Now Pay Later services accept Cash App?
Short Answer: Not all of the Buy Now Pay Later services accept Cash App but there are some workarounds you can try, to make it work.
With the growing usage of Buy Now Pay Later or BNPL services, you need to think of an easy way to pay them back in a way that is convenient to you.
Cash App, as you might know, is a peer-to-peer payment application. It also provides you with a Cash App card that can be added as a payment method to digital wallets such as Apple Pay and Google Pay.
Does Albert accept Cash App?
Short Answer: No, Albert does not accept Cash App. And there is no workaround.
For those of you who do not know what Albert is, it is a banking services company. This means it is not a bank and its services are provided by Sutton Bank. It is a cash advance app that lets you take money out from your paycheck at least a good two days early.
Cash App as I have previously mentioned does not work with all the BNPL services, and it certainly does not work with Albert. There is no workaround for this. All you can do is find and add another payment method.
Does Afterpay accept Cash App?
Short Answer: No, Afterpay does not accept Cash App. But you can transfer money from Cash App to Chime and Chime card to Afterpay.
Afterpay is also a BNPL Service. So, if you want to pay off the installments on Afterpay and want to use Cash App, here is the workaround.
Step A: Get and add your Chime card to Afterpay
Afterpay allows you to add a Chime card or bank account (only a checking account – not a saving account) as a payment method. If you do not have an account yet, visit this website and follow the instructions to create an account. It will not take up much of your time.
Once you have an account in your possession, go to this website to order your Chime Visa card. Now follow the steps below to add it to Afterpay.
- Step 1: Open the Afterpay application or website and go to your account settings.
- Step 2: There, you will the billing section, select it, and click on the Add Payment method.
- Step 3: After that, enter the details of your Chime card and follow the on-screen instructions. And your card is now added to Afterpay.
Step B: Link your Chime account to Cash App
Once you are done adding your Chime card to Afterpay, you need to link Cash App to Chime. Because you need to send your funds from Cash App to Chime.
- Step 1: Open the Cash App and select the link bank option.
- Step 2: Then you can either select Chime bank or a Chime debit card, depending on your necessity.
- Step 3: Add the required details and follow through with the instructions and your card or bank account is added.
Step C: Transfer money from Cash App to Chime
Once the linking is done, you have to transfer the money.
- Step 1: Open the Cash App and click on the bank icon.
- Step 2: After that, select the Add Cash option and enter the amount you want to transfer (money required for installments).
- Step 3: Provide all the details, and your transfer will be done.
When all of this is done, you now have your Cash App card indirectly linked to Afterpay. And you can use those funds to pay off Afterpay installments.
Does Klarna accept Cash App?
Short Answer: No, Klarna does not accept Cash App. But you can add the Cash App card to Apple Pay or Google Pay and link that wallet to Klarna.
Cash App card is not qualified as a payment method for Klarna. So, here are the workarounds.
Method 1: Use a digital wallet
- Step 1: Open any of the digital wallets like Google Pay or Apple Pay on your device and click on your profile.
- Step 2: There, you will find the option to add a bank account or a debit card. Select it, enter, and add your Cash App card.
- Step 3: Now, go to Klarna, and while paying or buying something add your Apple or Google Pay as a payment method. This way, your amount from Cash App is indirectly used to pay Klarna.
Method 2: Use a bank account
- Step 1: Open the Cash App on your device and search for the bank icon and select it.
- Step 2: Then you will be taken to the accounts linked to your Cash App. Then, select the bank account to which you want to add your money.
- Step 3: Enter the amount you want to add, click on Add, and proceed. Your money will be added if you follow through.
- Step 4: Finally, go back to Klarna and add the bank account in question as a payment method.
Does Affirm accept Cash App?
Short Answer: Affirm does not accept Cash App and its card. You need to link your card to a digital wallet and then add it to Affirm.
You can add any kind of checking account and debit or credit cards to pay Affirm. But the Cash App card is definitely not one of them. Follow the method below to add Cash App to Affirm in an indirect way.
Method 1: Using a digital wallet
- Step 1: Open Apple Pay or Google Pay on your device and select your profile.
- Step 2: Then, click on the Setup payment method and add your Cash App card by entering the appropriate details.
- Step 3: Finally, add your digital wallet to Affirm.
Method 2: Using a bank account
- Step 1: Open the Cash App and select the bank option.
- Step 2: After selecting a bank from the list, click on the add cash option and enter the amount you want to add.
- Step 3: Finally add the bank account as a payment method to Affirm.
Does Sezzle accept Cash App?
Short Answer: Unlike other BNPL services, Sezzle lets you add a Cash App card to it.
Cash App card can only be used for first payments. If you are using Cash App to pay off your current installments, follow the method below.
Method 1: Add Cash App card to Sezzle
- Step 1: Open Sezzle’s website or application and go to account, the Payment Methods section, and then First Payments.
- Step 2: Now click on Add a debit/credit card and enter your card information.
- Step 3: Your Cash App card is now linked to Sezzle and will help pay for first or present installments.
If you want to pay for future installments or schedule payments, you need to add your Cash App card to a digital wallet.
Method 2: Transfer money from Cash App to bank account
- Step 1: Open the Cash App and select the bank option.
- Step 2: From the list of banks, select the bank you want to add your money to. And click on Add, follow the instructions and your money will be added to the account.
- Step 3: Now, add your bank account to Sezzle by going to the Payment methods. There click on Add bank account.
- Step 4: Once you enter your bank details you will have the option to opt for scheduled payments. Check that box and your future payments are done from that account.
Q1. Does Cash App have a Buy Now Pay Later option?
Yes, Cash App does have a Buy Now Pay Later option.
This is the main reason you will have a hard time adding Cash App to other BNPL services. It can help you pay $35 to $500 upfront, and you pay them back in a few split payments. They will cut a part of the amount at the moment you opt-in for BNPL. The other parts will be sent later.
If you haven’t gotten in on the Buy Now Pay Later craze, better not get in. Because you tend to buy or spend on unnecessary things. But, if you have already been using the BNPL services, try to make careful choices and try to pay them back on time. Do not rack up credit.
This article has all the major questions about which BNPL services accept Cash App. I hope this helps you in using Cash App with the respective applications.
Sri Sahith is passionate and writes his articles by ensuring attention to detail. During his graduation study, he has taken elective subjects like Business Economics and Financial Analysis. These gave him the interest, knowledge and passion to write articles related to Finance-Tech. Also, he loves to read books and talk about them as long as possible.