Are you someone who is looking for ways to share Reels to Facebook or WhatsApp?
Are you finding it hard to save Reels on your device?
Well, if you are finding answers to the questions mentioned above, then you are at the very right place?
We will be mentioning a guide on how to share Reels to Facebook, WhatsApp, and other apps.
What is Instagram Reels?
Facebook-owned Instagram has been on the list of the top 3 popular social media apps in the world with more than 1 billion active users.
The app is comparatively popular amongst the youngster. And to engage them, the famous photo-video app sharing always releases new features and additions on the platform. This not only keeps the existing users amused but also attracts new users to the platform.
Last year, Instagram introduced Reels. Well, Reels are nothing but Instagram’s version of the small video-sharing app Tiktok. The company released Reels at the time when the Chinese app – Tiktok was banned by the government of India.
Instagram surely grabbed a large part of the Tiktok community. Well, Tiktok was one of the most downloaded apps in India. That’s why Instagram might have attracted a lot of users who might have been searching for alternatives to Tiktok.
Instagram came as a savior for all of the creators who have been looking for a better platform to shift their business. Instagram has already been serving the creators and businesses with several business tools. And the release of Reels was surely a boon for the creators who were using Tiktok.
Why should you share Reels?
If you are a creator, who produces good content on Instagram Reels which is worth sharing with other users on Instagram. Then you should really share Reels and your content with the world.
Well, Instagram is doing a really good job by pushing good content using its users’ friendly algorithm.
But, sometimes, you should share your content on other social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter too. This can help you to reach your target audience very swiftly.
Well, it’s not necessary that only a content creator wants to share their own Reels on different platforms. Sometimes, a casual Instagram user may choose to share a particular Reel, which he might have found interesting, with his friends or family on other platforms.
There can be many reasons why someone chooses to share Reels to Facebook and other social media apps. But, here, we will be mentioning a guide, which would make sense to any kind of user.
You will find this guide relevant according to your needs even if you are a creator or someone who is on Instagram just to interact with family and friends.
So, what are you waiting for? Let’s just dive right into the guide and steps involved.
Table of Contents
How to share Reels to Facebook, WhatsApp, or anywhere
Heya! here you will learn how to share Reels to Facebook, Whatsapp. The best thing is, with this guide, you will be able to share Reels to not only Facebook, Whatsapp but to any other social media app. The guide gives you some universal steps to follow.
Also, there are 3 parts to this guide. In the very first one, you will be able to learn how to download Instagram Reels on your device. In the second and the third part, you will learn how to share Reels on Facebook and Whatsapp.
#How to Download Reels Videos –
Before you proceed with the guide we would like to mention a few things.
Instagram lets you share the video created by Reels editor either as a Reel or a Story. So, we will be mentioning the download methods for both.
Also, if you are aware of the method to download the Reels or Story, you can skip to the 2nd part of this guide, where we have mentioned how to share Reels to Facebook.
- STEP A1 – If you have already shared your video to Story after creating it on Reels. Then simply tap on your profile icon at the top left corner of the screen, to preview your story.
- STEP A2 – If you have uploaded multiple stories, open the one you want to download. Then select the More option. It’s a three-dot icon at the bottom right corner of the story.
- STEP A3 – This will show you all things you can do with the story. You just need to click on the Save Video option. This will save the video in your gallery. Easy right?
There is an easy way to download the Reel, even before posting it for your followers.
- STEP B1 – The option to download the Reel appears at the top bar near the Audio Settings and Close button. You just need to click on the downward arrow button.
- STEP B2 – Right after clicking on the save button, you will get a confirmation message ‘Video Saved.’ You will find the video in your gallery.
And what if you forgot to save your Reel before posting it on your Instagram.
Is there any way by which you can download the Reel?
Well, yes, you can. Follow the steps mentioned below to download your uploaded Reels.
- STEP C1 – First of all, go to your profile page. To do this, tap on your profile pic, at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- STEP C2 – If you have already uploaded a Reel, you just need to go to the Reels tab by selecting the Reels icon. As you can see, it’s the middle one here. Select the Reel you want to download.
- STEP C3 – Click to start playing the Reel and select the More Options icon. It is the three-dot icon at the lower right of the screen.
- STEP C4 – And here, in the More Options list, you need to click on Save to Camera Roll to download the Reel immediately to your gallery.
Now that you know how you can download your own Instagram Reel. It’s time we talk about the methods to download Reels from someone’s else account.
Before you proceed, you should know that it’s unfair to use someone else’s creation, video for any kind of commercial usage. And even if you are sharing it just for fun, you must mention the credits of the original creator.
This way the creator gets the recognition the creators deserve for their original work.
Steps to download Reels is mentioned below –
- STEP D1 – First of all, open the Reel that you want to download. You can either go to the account directly or play it from your Saved or Liked folders.
- STEP D2 – Play the Reel and select the Share button. It’s the triangular button, just below the comment icon.
- STEP D3 – This will show you the available options to share the Reel. You just need to click on the Add reel to your story option.
- STEP D4 – By this way, the Reel video can be shared. But, you can smartly download it using the same Download button. It’s the down arrow button next to the filters icon at the top bar. If you want, you can add text, stickers, GIFs to the story too. All of the additions will be download with the Reel video.
And that’s how you can download Reels on your mobile device.
We have taken different scenarios into account while creating the downloading guide for the Reels.
You just have to follow the very easy step-by-step guide to download Reels to your smartphone gallery.
Right after downloading the video, you need to follow the 2nd part of this guide, where we have mentioned how to share Reels to Facebook.
#How to share Reels to Facebook
If you have followed the first part of our, you may already know how to download Reels on any device. We have mentioned how you can download your own as well as other’s Reel easily.
Now that you have your favorite Reel in your gallery, it’s time to learn how to share Reels to Facebook. Just follow the step-by-step guide mentioned below.
- STEP 1 – First of all, make sure you have the latest version installed on your device. Simply, open the Play Store and search for Facebook. If the update is available, simply download it. The same has to be done in App Store if you have an iOS device.
- STEP 2 – Now, download the Reel that you want to share on Facebook. It can be any Reel, your own, or someone else’s. If you directly landed at this part of the guide, then you should check the first part of the guide to learn how to download Reels on any smartphone.
- STEP 3 – Open the Facebook app and select the Create Story option, on the top left corner of the home page of the Facebook app.
- STEP 4 – Now, it’s your choice. You can choose how to share Reels to Facebook. There are three options, Post, Story, and Reels. We have selected Post, here.
- STEP 5 – Steps are easy now. Select Photo/Video option.
- STEP 6 – And as you can see. The Reel that we tried to download in the previous part of this guide, can be seen as a downloaded video in the device gallery. You just need to select it.
- STEP 7 – You can make some changes to the post if you want. Facebook allows you to add filters. When done making changes, simply click the Post button, on the top right corner of the page.
And that’s it, that’s was all about the steps for how to share reels to Facebook.
And steps involved are very basic and simple. You just need to proceed step-by-step.
In the last part of the guide, we will be discussing how to share reels on Whatsapp. Check out the quick guide mentioned below.
#How to share Reels to WhatsApp
Well, we have already discussed, how to share Reels to Facebook in the second part of this guide. The step-by-step guide will make you understand the very basics of the procedure.
Using the first and the second part of this guide, you will be able to share Reels to any platform.
But, here, we will be mentioning the guide to share Reels to Whatsapp, just to make things more clear.
- STEP 1 – First of all, make sure you are running the latest version of Whatsapp on your device. Check for the update by visiting the Play Store and search for Facebook. If the app update is available, click on the Update button to continue. The same has to be done in case you an Apple iOS user.
- STEP 2 – Download the Reel that you want to share on Whatsapp with your friends. The Reel can be your own, or someone else’s. If you directly landed at this part of the guide, then you should check the first part of the guide to learn how to download Reels on any smartphone.
- STEP 3 – Now, open Whatsapp on your device and click on the Add Status option. Now, select the video from the gallery that you want to share.
- STEP 4 – Here’s a quick tip. You can share the Reel, that you shared on Whatsapp, directly to Facebook with a single tap. Simply click on the SHARE TO FACEBOOK STORY button to do that. The option appears immediately after you share something on Whatsapp.
- STEP 5 – Lastly, select the Share Now button to post the Reel on Facebook too.
And that’s it. The steps mentioned are too easy to implement. Just take care of the step number.
If you need any kind of assistance, do let us know in the comments section below.
We are done with the guide now. It’s time to wrap up this article.
There are three parts to this guide. In the very first one, you learned how to download Reel on your device. And the best thing is we mentioned different scenarios like – steps to download a Reel if it belongs to another account and steps to download your own Reel.
If you are finding for a guide to help you out with the downloading procedure of the Reel on your device, you will probably find the answer in the first part of our guide.
In the second part, you learned how to share Reel to Facebook. We have elaborated each step using the required screenshot for extra assistance for our readers.
In the last one, you learned how to share Reels to Whatsapp. And again, we mentioned the process in small steps that will be helpful for the basic users as well.
Ankit Karmokar is an Engineer by profession and a blogger by passion. Over the last several years, he has written tons of articles, solving queries on Quora. He also has years of experience in investing in Cryptocurrencies, Funds, and Stocks.