Do you want to know which restaurants accept Venmo near you?
Does McDonald’s take Venmo?
What fast food places accept Venmo?
In this post, we have included all you need to know about ordering food with Venmo and what restaurants take Venmo.
You can pay for your order on Uber Eats and Grubhub directly via Venmo balance. On the other hand, other renowned food ordering apps like DoorDash and Postmates haven’t introduced the ability to pay with Venmo on their apps directly.
However, if you own a Venmo debit card, you can easily use it on these apps to pay for your orders.
Let’s have a detailed look at what apps and services take Venmo and which do not.
Restaurants that take Venmo
Restaurants do not directly take payments from Venmo. But, if you have a Venmo card, you can easily use it to pay for your order at restaurants where debit cards are accepted.
So, if you have a Venmo card, you can pay at any restaurants.
Does Uber Eats take Venmo
Yes, you can pay for your order on Uber eats directly with the Venmo app using your Venmo balance. However, as Venmo is only available in the U.S., you can only order via Uber Eats using Venmo in the U.S.
If you are a U.S. citizen and still can’t see the option to pay via Venmo on your Uber eats app, make sure that you are using the updated Uber eats app.
Well, do you know that you can even split your Uber Eats bill if you pay via Venmo?
Steps to Split Uber eats bill with Venmo
- To split the bill on Uber Eats with a friend, you will need to check out using Venmo as usual, then go into your Venmo and select to split the order.
- You will see your purchase on the Venmo platform denoted by an Uber Eats profile photo.
- Instead of having the option to “like” or “comment” on the payment – as one normally would see when sending and receiving money from friends – you will have the option to “split” or “share”.
- You will then select the “split” option and select which Venmo user you are going to split this order with.
- Uber Eats has a simpler process that allows you to split your payments with a wider range of people.
Does Grubhub take Venmo
Yes, GurbHub allows you to pay for your orders directly with the Venmo app. To pay for your order on Grubhub simply select Venmo instead of choosing card option.
Moreover, GrubHub also allows you to split the bill with your friends when you pay with Venmo.
Steps to split GrubHub bill with Venmo
- Head to the checkout, but before entering your card information
- Select “Venmo” as your payment type
- From here, the Venmo app will open and authorize you to use the funds it is holding.
- You’ll then be redirected to the Grubhub app and notice there is a button to “split” underneath your payment.
- Once you click that, whoever you’re splitting the order with will need to authorize the payment in their Venmo account as well.
Does DoorDash accept Venmo
No, DoorDash does not have an option to pay via Venmo. Unlike Uber Eats and Guruhub, you can’t directly pay for your food order via Venmo on DoorDash. However, you can pay for the order by adding the Venmo debit card to your DoorDash account.
Does Postmates take Venmo
By directly using the Venmo app, you can’t pay for your order on Postmates. However, Postmates allows paying with debit cards, so if you have a Venmo card, you can add it to your Postmates account and while checking out select your Venmo card as the payment method.
Does McDonald’s take Venmo
No, you cannot pay directly with Venmo app for your order at McDonald’s. However, as McDonald’s accepts debit and Master cards, so if you have a Venmo debit card, you can easily use it to pay for your bill at McDonald’s.
Renowned food delivery services like Uber Eats and Grubhub allow Venmo users to directly pay for their order using the Venmo balance. Moreover, they do also allow you to split your bills with friends when you pay with Venmo.
In case you use any other food delivery app like DoorDash, Postmates, etc. then you cannot directly pay with your Venmo for your order, but yes, as these apps allow you to add your debit cards, you can add your Venmo debit card in these apps and while checking out select your Venmo card as the payment option.
So, that’s all for now. We hope you were able to know What restaurants accept Venmo and which do not. For more Venmo guides like this, you can visit your dedicated Venmo section here.
Ankit Kumar is an Engineer by profession and a blogger by passion. Over the last several years, he has written tons of articles, solving queries on Quora. He also has years of experience in investing in Cryptocurrencies, Funds, and Stocks.