Do you want to pay your bills with Affirm? Is it even possible?
Can you use Affirm to pay phone or credit card bills?
If that’s the case, you have landed on the right page. In this post, we have explained all you need to know about where you can use Affirm and where you can’t.
So, let’s get started.
Can I pay my phone bill with Affirm
No, you cannot use Affirm to pay your phone bill. Affirm can only be used to purchase items from online or offline stores.
Can you use Affirm to Pay Bills
No, Affirm cannot be used to pay bills. You can only use Affirm to buy items from stores.
Affirm is a buy now pay later app that allows users to split the payment of items they buy into installments.
Users can choose from three months, six months, or even twelve months to pay back Affirm.
Well, Affirm is only designed to shop with merchants online and offline. You can’t use it to pay your bills.
Can I use Affirm to pay my credit card bill
No, you cannot use Affirm to pay your credit card bill.
Can you use Affirm for flights
Yes, you can use Affirm to buy tickets for your flights.
Affirm, on October 27, 2021, announced that through its partnership with American Airlines, eligible travelers, have added flexibility to purchase flights and pay over time with Affirm.
By selecting Affirm at checkout, approved American Airlines customers can split the total cost of flights over $50 into monthly payments.
Moreover, you can also use Affirm to book flight tickets from Alternative Airlines, cheapflightsfares, Delta vacations, and several other brokers.
Where can I use Affirm
Affirm can be used to purchase items from thousands of merchants and retailers both online and offline, either using Affirm at checkout or using its virtual payment card.
You can’t use Affirm for:
- Illegal items and activities
- Weapons, including parts and accessories
- Narcotics and drug paraphernalia
- Currency, including cryptocurrency
- PayPal, Venmo, and other money transfer services
- Cash advances
- Loan and credit card payments
To learn more, visit the Affirm terms and conditions.
How to Use Affirm Online
To use Affirm online, you can simply create your Affirm account, and if you are eligible, shop from thousands of merchants and select Affirm as the payment method at the checkout.
If Affirm is not available as a payment option at any online supported merchant, then you can use the Affirm virtual card to pay at the store or retailer.
How to Use Affirm In Store
To use Affirm at offline stores (brick and mortar stores), you will have to link the Affirm virtual card with Apple Pay or Google Pay, and they pay at the store.
How to get Affirm virtual card:
- Download or open the Affirm app, tap on “Virtual Card” to get started.
- Search for your store Don’t see it? Tap “Pay with a one-time-use virtual card.”
- Apply for a virtual card. Enter your approximate purchase amount for an immediate decision.
- Add it to your virtual wallet
- Complete your purchase. Enter your virtual card number at checkout, just like you would any other card.
Follow the steps below to use Affirm with Apple Pay:
- Before checkout, add your virtual card to Apple Pay.
- At checkout, look for the Apple Pay symbol.
- Double-click the side button of your device to open Apple Pay.
- Tap to choose your virtual card.
- Glance at your device to verify with Face ID.
- Hold your device near the card reader until you see done.
Follow the steps below to use Affirm with Google Pay:
- Before checkout, add your virtual card to Google Pay. Also, turn on NFC in settings.
- At checkout, look for the Google Pay symbol.
- Open Google Pay. Swipe to choose your virtual card.
- Hold the back of your device near the card reader.
- Choose Credit when prompted.
- You’ll see a blue checkmark once you’ve paid.
Affirm is a Buy now pay later app that cannot be used to pay bills such phone bill, credit card bill, electricity bill, etc. It can only be used to purchase items online or offline from selected merchants and retailers.
So, that’s all for now. We after have a reading this post, you have got a clear idea where you can use Affirm and where you can’t.
For more such posts, have a look at our Affirm section or follow a few related posts below.
Ankit Kumar is an Engineer by profession and a blogger by passion. Over the last several years, he has written tons of articles, solving queries on Quora. He also has years of experience in investing in Cryptocurrencies, Funds, and Stocks.