Are you trying to log in to your Instagram account and getting an error ‘Help us confirm that you own this account, You’ll need to verify your identity to confirm you own this account.
In this post, we will be explained why Instagram is not allowing you to log in to your account and asking you to confirm it. We have also provided a few ways to fix this problem.
In case Instagram has disabled your account, you can also check our guide to get back your disabled Instagram account back.
You are not alone who get the ‘Help us confirm that you own this account’ problem on Instagram, people often tweet and complain that they are not able to log in to their IG account.
Below are a few tweets by netizens:
I can’t log into my own Instagram account !!!!!!!
Plz help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whenever I login, a message pop up that says “Help Us Confirm You Own This Account”.
I’ve tried everything on your help center. None of them works.
Plz fix this
@instagram Hey Instagram! I am caught in the “Help us confirm you own this account” loop. I reset my password, provided a pic like requested, and used recovery codes but always end up back on that page. Any help? Or is that account lost?
— al bueno (@splash_ketchum) January 27, 2021
Why Instagram won’t allow you to log in and asks to confirm that you own this account :
Sometimes Instagram may ask you to confirm your identity before you can log in to your account.
This problem is usually caused by the change in the device used to log in, or you are trying to log in to the same account on multiple devices.
It might also be the case that you are signing in to your account after a long time.
Sometimes this problem gets resolved quickly by entering the security code Instagram send on your registered number.
However, in some cases, users don’t receive the code or don’t have the access to the number they have registered on Instagram.
In this case, you can follow the ways we have mentioned below to log in to your account.
How to Fix ‘Help us confirm that you own this account’ on Instagram 2021:
When you get the error ‘Help us confirm that you own this account’ on Instagram and click on the link ‘Get Help link‘ you are presented with a useless series of FAQ articles.
None of the articles there will help you log in to your account. So, what to do now?
Thankfully, there are a few ways and tricks to log in to your account.
- Reset your password.
- Try contacting Instagram with the “My account was hacked” option.
- Manually submit Instagram forms to get your account back.
Below we have explained all these options in detail. Hope any one of the following methods will work for you, and you will regain your Instagram account quickly.
Reset your password.
The first method to fix the error ‘Help us verify your account’ on Instagram is to reset your password.
Follow the steps below to reset your Instagram password in this condition.
- Step 1: Open https://www.instagram.com in your browser either on your computer or on your smartphone.
- Step 2: Now, click on ‘Forget password’
- Step 3: Here enter the username of the account for which you want to reset the password and click ‘Send Login Link’
- Step 4: Now, check your email and open the mail by Instagram and click on “Reset Password”.
- Step 5: Enter a new password, confirm and don’t do anything on Instagram.
- Step 6: Now, you should receive another mail from Instagram with the subject “Your Instagram password has been changed”
- Step 7: Open the mail and click on the link ‘secure your account here‘
- Step 8: After clicking on the link, You will be redirected to a page asking to confirm your current data, if all looks fine, click to continue. Finally, you’ll be logged inside your account again!
So, that’s all. Now, you should be able to log in to your account.
Try contacting Instagram with the “My account was hacked” option.
If the first method doesn’t work for you then you can try contacting Instagram via the “My account was hacked” form.
Here the response time of Instagram is very quick. You will be asked a few questions about your activity, and you receive an email to restore your account.
You can visit the ‘My account was hacked’ page by clicking on the link below.
Visit Now: ‘My Account Was Hacked’ – Instagram.
Manually submit Instagram forms to get your account back
In case nothing is working for you, and you are not able to log in to your account then you can fill and submit all the forms mentioned below to contact Instagram support.
Try to fill and submit these forms multiple times, and hopefully, you will be contacted by the Instagram team, and finally, you will be able to log in to your account.
- General appeal link: https://help.instagram.com/contact/1652567838289083; https://help.instagram.com/contact/396169787183059
- Report hacked account: https://help.instagram.com/contact/740949042640030
- Report a problem to Instagram: https://help.instagram.com/contact/364531043625021
Other forms you can use:
Final Words: Help us confirm that you own this account on Instagram.
Instagram sometimes asks you to confirm your account before you can log in to your account. This is done to preserve the security of your account. But it can become annoying for genuine users trying to log in to their accounts.
As we have mentioned in the post, this problem occurs when you try to sign in to your IG account from a new device or when you sign in to an account on multiple devices, or when you log in after a long time.
However, following the ways mentioned in the post, you should be able to log in to your account easily and quickly.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question: What to do when Instagram says help us confirm you own this account?
Answer: In this case, you can try to reset your password, or try contacting Instagram with the “My account was hacked” option and other forms.
Question: Why is Instagram making me confirm my account?
Answer: Instagram wants the content you see on its platform to be authentic and to come from real people, not bots or others trying to mislead you. So, it wants to confirm who’s behind an account when it sees a pattern of potential inauthentic behaviour. By prompting the people behind accounts to confirm their information, Instagram better understands when accounts are attempting to mislead their followers, hold them accountable, and keep the community safe.
More Instagram Guides:
- How to see Instagram Reels Watch History
- How to Stop ‘People You May Know’ Notification on Instagram
- 3 Ways to Fix Instagram ‘Your account has been disabled for violating our terms’