Online payments are the new norm. Banks have their websites and online banking sites. But, PayPal is a financial technology company that helps you make online payments all around the globe. Not only that, you will be allowed to transfer money to various destinations, even your own. Several online payments and local vendors can also be paid using PayPal.
And if you are trying to figure out ways to withdraw your money from PayPal or having trouble with withdrawals, this article will help you with your issues.
Table of Contents
Why can’t I withdraw money from PayPal to my debit card?
Short Answer: If you are unable to withdraw money from PayPal to your debit card, you might not have confirmed the card yet.
It is not enough to just add your card to your PayPal account, you have to confirm it with a code that PayPal sends you too.
So, here are all the steps you need to follow to link and confirm a card.
- Step 1: Open PayPal on your device and go to your wallet.
- Step 2: Under the Debit and credit cards section, click the Add a card option.
- Step 3: Select your card type and enter the information required. Then click on the save option.
- Step 4: 3D-Secure is a method to confirm that you are the card’s rightful owner. There are certain protocols (security codes or biometrics) you need to complete before the bank links your card.
- Step 5: After that, you will receive a PayPal code (4-digit code) sent with the charge made to confirm your account.
- Step 6: Once the code is with you, go to your wallet in the app. Click on the confirm card option.
- Step 7: And that will link your card to your PayPal account.
Why can’t I withdraw money from PayPal to my bank account?
Short Answer: If you have linked your bank account to PayPal and are unable to withdraw money, you might not have done the confirmation yet. Or it might be a due to suspicious trail on your account.
Once you link the bank account to the PayPal wallet, confirm it using a code that they send you. You will receive it after you are charged a dollar to confirm that it is your bank account. Enter that code and your account will be linked after you click Confirm on the card (in your wallet).
If the bank account is already linked, and you are still unable to make your withdrawal. You might want to take a look at your bank account details too. Check out your name on the PayPal account and your bank account match. Otherwise, you might have problems with using your bank account for withdrawals.
Also, make sure that your bank account does not have any transactions with anybody that is on the wrong side of the law. If they find any suspicious activity on your account, you will not be able to withdraw money from PayPal to your bank account. If you think you have done nothing of that sort, contact PayPal customer support and raise a concern.
What are all the possible ways to withdraw money from PayPal?
Here are the ways to withdraw money from PayPal.
Method 1: Withdrawal to your bank account from mobile
- Step 1: Open your PayPal application and go to your wallet.
- Step 2: You will have the option to transfer funds, under your balance. Select it and then you can select transfer your bank account.
- Step 3: After that, you will have to accept and verify the request that will be sent to the number linked to your bank account.
- Step 4: Finally, when PayPal has verified the transfer it will begin the withdrawal to your account.
Method 2: Withdrawal to your bank account from the browser
- Step 1: Open the PayPal website in your browser and log in using your credentials.
- Step 2: Visit the account summary page to see your balance. Under it, you will find the option to transfer money.
- Step 3: Select that option and it will ask to add money to PayPal or withdraw money from it.
- Step 4: Then, click on Transfer from PayPal to your bank account.
- Step 5: You will be shown two options Instant and Standard. Instant withdrawals will be charged with a 1% fee on it. Standard withdrawals will not take any fees, but the withdrawal will take some time.
- Step 6: Then, select the account you want to transfer it to and click Confirm.
- Step 7: After that, the request will be processed and will be completed after the money is withdrawn from PayPal.
Method 3: Withdraw using a check
- Step 1: Open PayPal and log in to your account.
- Step 2: Go to your wallet and under your balance select, transfer to your bank.
- Step 3: Then you will have the option to request a check by mail.
- Step 4: After that, you will have to enter the amount you want to withdraw.
- Step 5: Finally, click on Request and then in a few business days you will receive the check.
Another method is already mentioned at the beginning of the article. You can look at that part to know how to withdraw your money from PayPal to a debit card.
PayPal’s Instant Transfer Service is a service that you can sign up for. Once you sign up and have your Visa or MasterCard linked to your account, the money will be transferred in less than 30 minutes.
Q1. Are there any fees for withdrawing money from PayPal?
Yes, you will have to pay some fees to withdraw money from PayPal for instant withdrawals.
Depending on the bank you will have to pay some fees that are known as exchange fees. Although, you might be levied these charges only if you have chosen the instant withdrawal. Otherwise, you will not be asked to pay any.
This article gives you all the ways to withdraw money from your PayPal account to your bank account. And the reasons why the withdrawals to certain sources are not working as intended. I hope this article has given you all the answers you were looking for.
Sri Sahith is passionate and writes his articles by ensuring attention to detail. During his graduation study, he has taken elective subjects like Business Economics and Financial Analysis. These gave him the interest, knowledge and passion to write articles related to Finance-Tech. Also, he loves to read books and talk about them as long as possible.