Is your Uber Eats gift card not working?
Want to know how you can fix it?
In this article, you will learn the answers to all your queries, as well as other useful information. So, read the article to solve the issue.
Customers may buy their own gift cards to use while ordering meals from Uber Eats. When looking for a gift, many people choose an Uber Eats gift card, which can be used to order from local restaurants.
Why is my Uber Eats gift card not working?
Short Answer: Your Uber Eats gift card is not working because the gift card has expired, you have not added an additional payment method, there is a glitch in the app, you have entered the wrong gift card details, or the gift card has already been redeemed.
How to Fix Uber Eats gift card not working?
Method 1: Common fixes
Before continuing on to more advanced troubleshooting methods, be sure you’ve tried some of these more straightforward, tried-and-true solutions. Make sure that you have:
- Provided the correct card information- Verify that you have entered the right gift card number and code and that you haven’t accidentally left any digits out.
- Access to a dependable network connection- While redeeming or adding a gift card, you’ll need a stable internet connection or mobile data.
- Not already used the gift card- A single purchase is allowed with the Uber Eats gift card. Hence, it will no longer function once it has been used. The first thing you should do is ask around to see if anybody you know has seen the card before.
- Enough money in the card- A gift card purchased for use with Uber Eats cannot be reloaded with extra cash, thus if the total cost of the order is more than the gift card’s value, using the card as payment will not be an option. It’s possible that you’ll need to change how you plan to pay for the order.
Method 2: Verify the card’s validity before using it.
As we have mentioned above, your gift card won’t be valid if it’s over its expiration date. After three years of inactivity, your Uber Eats gift card will expire. Thus, you should verify the Uber Eats gift card has not passed its expiration date. Any gift cards you get should be used as soon as possible. In this approach, the redeemed amount will remain valid until it is spent.
Method 3: Don’t forget to include the gift card as a discount coupon.
The gift card option was unsuccessful for many customers. Instead, they tried using the card as a voucher and were able to use it to make a purchase. You are risking nothing by giving this a go. Instructions for entering the gift card as a voucher are as follows:
- Step 1: Click on the Account tab
- Step 2: Now, click on Wallet
- Step 3: Click on the option Vouchers
- Step 4: Enter the gift card in the voucher section
The amount of the gift card will be applied to your Uber Eats cash balance after you input the code and redeem it.
Method 4: Use the Uber app as a portal to Uber Eats.
This is another approach that has proven successful for many clients. In order to add the gift card, you must first locate the option inside the app to access Uber Eats.
You can refer to the “How to use Uber gift card as payment” section below.
Method 5: Upgrade to the latest version of the app
Although software glitches are uncommon, they might be to blame for the Uber Eats gift card problem. Just updating the app might solve the problem if you haven’t already done so, since releases often include remedies for previously reported issues as well as enhancements to existing features. The App Store and the Google Play Store are good options to check for updates.
Method 6: Add a credit card or bank account
Adding a credit card or bank account to your Uber Eats account is required before using a gift card, so if yours isn’t functioning, this might be why. Several customers have reported success after adding a credit card to their accounts.
Method 7: Try using a web browser to redeem the gift card.
If you have already tried the aforementioned troubleshooting steps but are still having difficulties, you may try claiming the gift card via the Uber Eats website. Open a web browser on your computer, go to their site, and look for where you may enter the gift card information.
How to use Uber gift card as payment
- Step 1: Launch the Uber Eats app
- Step 2: Click on Account from the bottom right corner.
- Step 3: Click on the “Wallet” option.
- Step 4: Click on “Add payment method”.
- Step 5: Click on “Gift card” from the list of options.
- Step 6: Input the gift card details and click on “Add”.
- Step 7: Click on Gift Card as your payment method while ordering
Is an Uber Eats gift card redeemable for food pickup?
In addition to using them as payment for Uber rides, gift cards may be used in hundreds of U.S. locations for the full range of restaurant services. So, the Uber Eats gift card may also be used for ordering takeout or food pickup from an eatery.
Is it possible to use a gift card purchased from Uber Eats to pay for an Uber ride?
When you take an Uber trip, you may, indeed, use an Uber Eats gift card just as you would any other Uber ride gift card. In simple words, gift cards may be used for Uber just like credit card. The Uber Eats gift card is a great present since it can be used for any Uber trip or meal delivery from any participating restaurant in the recipient’s region.
If your Uber Eats gift card isn’t functioning, the issues should be easy to resolve after examining the options given above. In any case, you should now also be able to successfully use an Uber gift card as payment. That being stated, we anticipate that you will find the data presented here to be of use.
Having earned a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce from Ravenshaw University, with a background in Accounting and Finance, Akshita Pattanayak contributes to UniTopTen by writing clear and concise articles based on Finance-Tech. With more than a hundred fin-tech related articles, she hopes to educate people about how banking and payment apps function.