Do you want to know does Target accept Google Pay?
Are you willing to use Google Pay at Target store or on its website and wondering whether it will work or not?
If that’s the case, you have landed on the right page. In this post, we have explained all you need to know about using Google Pay with Target.
So, let’s get started.
Google Pay, also known as GPay, is a digital wallet platform and online payment system developed by tech giant Google. It allows online and in-person contactless purchases on mobile devices, enabling users to make payments with Android phones, tablets, or watches.
Well, does it work with Target? Let’s find out.
Table of Contents
Does Target accept Google Pay?
Yes, Target accepts Google Pay. You can easily use Google Pay to shop at Target store or on its online store.
Back in 2019, Target started to accept Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay, as well as “contactless cards” from Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover in all stores. Providing more options to pay at the store offers guests more ways to conveniently and quickly pay.
So, yes, if you were looking for a quick answer, that’s it. Yes, you can use Google Pay at the Target store or on Target.com.
If you want a step-by-step guide to using Google Pay at Target or want to know more about the Payment methods, keep reading further.
How to use Google Pay at Target store
- Look: Check for the Contactless Symbol on the store’s checkout terminal.
- Tap: When prompted, bring your card or device within a few inches of the reader screen.
- Go: Get the ok – a “beep” or “Thanks!” – and go!
Does Target Accept Google Pay Online?
Yes, Target accept Google Pay online at its website Target.com.
To use Google Pay at Target online store, simply select the Google Pay as the payment options and follow the prompts for further instructions.
Payment methods that Target accept
As well as accepting Google Pay, Target also accepts the following payment methods:
- VISA Electron
- American Express
- Android Pay
- Apple Pay
- Samsung Pay
- Rebate Checks
- Personal Checks
- WIC Program (in selected stores)
- Campus Cash (in selected stores)
Payment methods that Target does not accept
Target does not accept any of the following payment methods:
- Foreign Checks and Currency: Target doesn’t accept currency or coin from foreign countries. However, depending on where the Target store is located, stores may be able to accept Canadian dollars or Mexican pesos. Target stores update exchange rates weekly.
- Mall Certificates and Chamber Bucks: Exception – select stores accept payments using mall certificates or chamber bucks. Call your local store to find out if they are accepted.
- Money Orders: Only accepted as payment on credit accounts
- Business Checks are not accepted.
- Merchant gift cards (e.g., Disney), except Starbucks gift cards (which can be used at the in-store Starbucks registers)
Google Pay Transfer limit at Target
If you set up your Google Pay balance to make contactless payments, there are some transaction limits:
- Maximum single transaction amount: $2,000 USD.
- Daily maximum total transaction amount: $2,500 USD.
- Up to 15 transactions per day.
- Additional limits on the dollar amount or frequency of transactions may be imposed in accordance with the Google Pay Terms of Service.
So, these are the transactions limit associated with Google Pay at Target or any other retailer.
Target is one of the largest American retailer. As of 2019, Target operated 1,844 stores throughout the United States.
As a recap of this post. Yes, Target accepts Google Pay at both it’s stores and on it online platform, as detailed above.
So, that’s all for now. I hope you were easily able to use Google Pay with Target.
Ankit Kumar is an Engineer by profession and a blogger by passion. Over the last several years, he has written tons of articles, solving queries on Quora. He also has years of experience in investing in Cryptocurrencies, Funds, and Stocks.