When it comes to preference for Social Media apps by Gamers, nothing beats Discord. Discord has been out for a few years now. The management of users’ privacy and quality performance could be a lesson for other Social Media apps out there.
Discord has been very selective about what options to provide and withdraw for better usability.
However, sometimes it is necessary to access functions not built into the application. In this case, we are talking about the downloading of profile pictures. Multiple applications already have support for viewing and downloading it, such as WhatsApp and Facebook.
Here in this article, we will talk about how to achieve the same in Discord.
Table of Contents
What is Discord and How good is it?
Discord is an app known mostly for its voice chat interface, which works pretty well with games. While the app is not popular with the non-gaming community, people are starting to switch to it.
Discord is available as an application for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and it even has a web version! This makes it hugely compatible and usable with most devices out there. If you have ever used Discord and felt a difference in its functions, it is because the app is written using Electron.
The only lacking feature in Discord is a timeline like Facebook and Instagram, which is fine. As I said earlier, this is because Discord is a communication focused app. So to summarize it, Discord is one of the best apps you could use for all of your chatting and calling needs. It is safe and smooth functioning.
How to download someone’s Profile Picture on Discord
Often we need to zoom in on someone’s profile picture. Users have access to all kinds of unique GIFs and images, which makes us want to take a closer look at them.
Perhaps even use it as our own profile picture if possible. Sadly, Discord does not provide a direct method to view profile pictures of a user directly or natively. There also do not seem to be any working Discord Profile Picture downloader apps right now.
However, there are workarounds to get access to a user’s profile picture. While the process is not too hard, you would need to have a computer in order to successfully apply this process. Check out the next sub-topic if you do not happen to have a computer. Here’s a little hint. You can use that method even if you don’t have a Computer!
Steps to download someone’s profile picture on Discord:
- Step 1: The most basic step is to download a good web Browser onto your computer. You can try Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- Step 2: Head to Discord and find the Login button. The website’s design has got an overhaul but there should be no trouble in finding the Login option. It should be on the top right side of the screen.
- Step 3: Click on the Login option. This will take you to an animated screen with the box asking you for login credentials.
- Step 4: I am assuming that you have already registered on Discord. Proceed with entering the email id and password you used when registering for your account.
- Step 5: Discord should log you into your account now. Now you would be taken to the last used server or chat window.
- Step 6: Navigate and find the user you wanted to view the profile picture of.
- Step 7: You can now right-click the profile picture of the user and select ‘Profile’. If you happen to be on a server you can also click on the picture. This will bring up their Role menu. From there, you can click on it again. This way you would teach their Profile.
- Step 8: Now you need to access the three vertical dot menu button on the top right side of Chrome, or the web browser you are using.
- Step 9: Find ‘More tools’ and click on it. A drop-down window will open. Choose ‘Developer tools’. Moreover, If you are on Mac click on a view which is on the top left, and proceed with ‘Developer tools’.
- Step 10: The first window to open by default would be Inspect Elements. Locate a cursor inside a square icon near the Elements tab.
- Step 11: Click on the icon. The box should turn blue. Now you are ready to proceed.
- Step 12: Click on the user’s profile picture. The element related to the picture would be highlighted.
- Step 13: Right-click on the highlighted element, then go to Copy. From there go to the Copy element.
- Step 14: You can now paste the copied data into the web browser’s search bar. Before clicking the enter button, remove all text before the HTTPS part. Now you can press Enter.
- Step 15: The profile picture of the user would be opened on the same tab. Thereafter, you can right-click and save it to your Desktop!
How do I view Profile Picture if I don’t have a computer?
It is equally important to note that while you would have trouble downloading a profile picture without a PC, you can still view it under certain circumstances.
Before you proceed, you should know that this process is only achievable with a user who shares a server with you. Once you have invited them to a server, you can proceed to invite a good bot to the server. For this purpose, I would suggest Dyno. All you need to do to invite bots to your server is to visit their website and invite them using the invite button.
After inviting and setting up the bot, you can type [prefix]avatar followed by @username.
An example could be ?avatar @Someone#0123. This way you can view an enlarged version of the profile picture of the user. You can also download it if you prefer, although in low quality.
In this article, we covered what is Discord and how to view an enlarged version of profile pictures and download them. Though we found out that there was no Discord Profile Picture Downloader and the process was certainly a little complicated, I hope it proved to be useful for you.
Ankit Karmokar is an Engineer by profession and a blogger by passion. Over the last several years, he has written tons of articles, solving queries on Quora. He also has years of experience in investing in Cryptocurrencies, Funds, and Stocks.